Fuck resolutions. I don’t believe in them. Get yourself a pen and paper and set yourself some goals for the year. Goals are far more attainable and satisfactory since you can work through them and tick them off a list.
Here are some of mine:
- Pass soddin’ exams!
- I have been ‘doing’ my crappy tax exams for the last four years. ‘Doing’ entails sitting, failing, resitting, chickening out and passing. Enough! I am going to get them in 2011.
- Sun holiday
- Fuck culture! This year I am not doing cultural weekends away. I want to go on a sun holiday. I want to lie on a beach by day and kiss men by night. Sun, sea and sex awaits.
- Have a passionate fling
- I need to meet a man. I need to celebrate my youth and move on from the Great Break-Up of 2010. I don’t want a relationship. A fling, however, would be a treat.
- Make a soufflé
- The art of soufflé making has fascinated me. Is it really as difficult as people say? I want to master this skill and serve it to some friends.
- Go on a second sun holiday
- More sun, sea and sex, please.
- Make more male friends
- I love the many women in my life, but man if I have sit through one more conversation on detoxes, diets or weight gain/loss, I shall hit someone.
- Stop biting my nails
- It’s a disgusting habit. I want to stop. I shall try.
- Acquire a hobby
- Apart from blogging I don’t have a hobby as such. I need one. This one is vague for the moment.
- Join a team
- I’ve never been on a team of any kind. I think it would do me good. This again is vague. More research needed.
- Have a fancy cocktail party
- I am going to have a cocktail party in the apartment for my birthday. This is an easy one.
- Do something creative using my hands
- I want to learn carving or origami to stimulate the seldom used creative side of my brain.
- Enroll in a Pilates instructor course
- When I get my tax exams, I am going to become a Pilates instructor. ‘Nuff said.
- Pay for braces
- I am going to clear the balance of my braces by March 2011. No (expensive) clothes shopping or needless eating out for me until then.