This week is the week I demonstrate my professionalism. My manager could not bring clients to dinner; the task fell on my shoulders. I set out with my rarely used company credit card. Overall, the evening went well.
The following are my fool-proof, bullet pointed tips to hosting a business dinner for senior management.
- Wear cheap Aldo shoes that look pretty, but cause a limp one metre from home.
- Walk guests by the restaurant (you’ve been to before) and resort to asking passer-by for directions once disorientated.
- Burst out laughing, when client with adequate English points to her lip and tells you she suffers badly from “herpes” as opposed to “cold sores”.
- Attempt to leave a 15% gratuity, when a hefty service charge has been applied to bill.
- Almost leave receipt on table and have client point out that you might require it for expenses.
- Almost leave conpany credit card on table and have client point out that you might need it in the future.
- Do best to not draw attention to your limp as you hobble down Grafton Street identifying shops clients should visit.